eOrders is a web-based application integrated into CM/ECF for submitting proposed orders to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Hawaii. Using the “Order Upload” module in CM/ECF:
- Registered filers upload proposed orders into the CM/ECF database for internal routing (these orders are not “filed” in a case nor do they appear in the record until signed);
- Judges and court staff can efficiently route, review, sign, and docket uploaded orders;
- Chambers staff can return a deficient order to the submitter by email;
- Attorneys may use the system to replace an order already uploaded or upload an additional order;
- Registered CM/ECF filers can check the status of orders they have uploaded; and
- Judges can efficiently affix their signatures as well as additional text to the top of the first page of an order.